Muon B.V. and its affiliated companies (Veco B.V. Tecan Ltd., Atul Sugar Screens Pvt. Ltd., and Reith Laser B.V.), (hereafter: “Muon”) respects the privacy of all users of its website and ensures that the personal information you provide to us is handled confidentially.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal data of visitors, customers and other third parties whom Muon has any business arrangements with, including visitors of www.vecoprecision.com, www.vecoprecision.com/tecan, www.atulscreens.com and www.reithlaser.com (hereafter the “Website”).
The personal data that we possibly process are:
Muon collects personal data when you subscribe to our newsletter, if you fill in the contact form on our website, ask for a quote via the request a quote form on our website, if you download any of the content offers (for example application notes, whitepapers and brochures) on our website and when you visit a Muon event or other Muon related activities. Through the forms, we collect all the information that you fill out, which may include your name, company, e-mail, country, your enquiry, how you heard about us and any other information you decide to provide. Which may include first name, last name, email address, company information, phone number and country.
You can also contact us via email directly. If you contact us, we will collect your name, company and phone number, and any other information you decide to provide us which we need to be of further assistance and communicate with you.
If you subscribe to our marketing communications, we will collect the information you provide us with, which may include your e-mail address, the topics for which you wish to receive updates and any other information you decide to provide. You can always unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions in our emails.
If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited personal data in the course of our business relations with you, for example when you place an order, or request a sample. Such personal data may include your name, company and job title, e-mail address, telephone number, address, order details, and if applicable, credit registrations and credit limits.
We also collect information on the use of our websites via cookies. Please view the section “Cookies” below.
What Muon uses your personal data for:
- We use the information you provide us with when you contact us, for example in relation to enquiries, orders, comments or complaints made by you for conducting business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services
- If you fill in the contact form, or request a quote form, a Veco Precision representative may contact you regarding your request. If you download any of the content offers (application notes, whitepapers and brochures), a Veco Precision representative may contact you to check if there are any questions related to the document provided.
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we use your information to establish and fulfil our contract with you. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you and arranging the provision of products and services. We may also use your information for our legitimate interest of documenting and managing our internal administration.
- We use the data we gain from use of our websites for market research in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services and being able to offer tailored products and services to our customers and prospects.
- We use the information you provide us via our websites (for example when signing up to a newsletter or other marketing communications) to send you information on our products and services, special offers or other information based on the interests that you have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can indicate so via the links provided in our emails.
- If necessary, we may use your information in order to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protecting our legal rights, for example, in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and/or investigative purposes. This may include sharing your data with third parties, such as government authorities or law enforcement officials.
How to unsubscribe:
Do you no longer like to receive marketing information and/or monthly blog updates? You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link in the e-mail messages you receive or notify Muon thereof in writing. For this purpose you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do we share our personal data with third parties.
Muon will not sell or share your personal data to third parties. If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited personal data in the course of our business relations within the Muon Group (Veco B.V., Tecan Ltd., Atul Sugar Screens Pvt. Ltd., Reith Laser B.V.), for example when you place an order, or request a sample. Such personal data may include your name, company and job title, e-mail address, telephone number, address, order details, and if applicable, credit registrations and credit limits.
We retain information about you only for as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected. The time of termination is related with the purpose with which we obtained or collected the personal data and any legal obligations. After every new interaction, we keep the personal data for a maximum of 36 months. If you have any questions about the storage period, please send an email to email@example.com.
You are entitled to ask Muon for an overview of the information we have about you and also to correct or delete certain data (please be aware that this isn’t possible if we need to have the personal data because of any legal obligations, supply products and/or to execute a contract), restrict processing of your data, or to ask Muon to transfer some of this information to other organisations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also object to some processing of your information and, where Muon has asked for your consent to process your information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at email@example.com. If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications for us, you can also do so by at any time using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such e-mails.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority. We hope this will not be necessary and would like to assure you we will do our best to resolve any dissatisfaction you may have.
Our aim is to provide you as a visitor of our website with information that is as relevant to you as possible. That is why we attempt to gear our sites as much as possible to each visitor. This not only involves the content of our website, but also the potential suggestions that are shown. That is why we attempt to obtain a picture of your potential interests on the basis of our websites you visit. We do this without creating a profile that can be traced back to a person. We adjust the content and suggestions on our website to the various groups of customers on the basis of these interests. The cookies are therefore intended to show content that is as relevant as possible for you.
We use the following categories of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of a website. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for cannot be provided. Because such cookies are essential for using a site, these cookies cannot be turned off without severely affecting your use of a website.
We use analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our sites, browse or use our sites and highlight areas where we can improve our websites such as navigation, experience and marketing campaigns.
Functionality cookies remember login details and preferences and recall your language preferences where applicable. These are used to provide you with a more tailored and pleasant experience.
Your personal information is secure
Muon has implemented careful and appropriate measures to secure the systems. Such in order to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the personal information and to prevent personal information from being lost.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites. When you use these links to connect to another website, this Privacy Statement is no longer applicable. Please note that the website you enter, after having made use of such link, may apply its own privacy policies. Muon is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on other websites than our own Website.
Changes to the privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement. Changes will be published on this page. Last time we updated the privacy statement: 13-11-2019. For every other question about our privacy statement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org